GetElastic, an enterprise ecommerce solution provider, recently posted about preparing for the ever-important Christmas and holiday season. I honestly can’t believe that we are actually starting to think about that already, I am just starting to enjoy the summer that came a little late and looks like it will be leaving all to soon.
But, we do have to plan and they make some great points here.
This post focuses on your overall e-commerce site and areas such as performance (do you know that 47% of web shoppers expect a page to load in under 2 seconds, unbelievable), site testing, SEM and SEO, email, Merchandising and of course affiliate management.
Check out the post, it is well written and includes things the affiliate manager and the e-commerce directory/VP, should be thinking about now. Read it here.
It also got me thinking of what affiliate managers should be planning on now. Here is a short list:
- Merchandising schedule – what should affiliates be promoting when
- Consumer offer schedule – do you know what coupons, discounts and promos are to be offered
- Creative and Text links
- Affiliate Communication Strategy
- Producing affiliate outreach – do you know what your affiliates are planning this season? You should.
- Recruiting target identification and outreach – don’t spam them please.
- Affiliate promotions
- and more
What else do you feel you should be planning on now for Q4?
Now is also a great time to audit your affiliate program, find a great outsourced affiliate management agency to help you grow the program and get any training or mentoring you might need to make sure you meet every opportunity this year. If you need help with any of that, we have a solution for you. Contact us at 1800-208-6215 x 101.