When we take over a client’s affiliate program it’s always a balance of setting realistic growth expectations and excitement to deliver the best possible results quickly. But it takes more than just promises and hype to deliver early success that is sustainable and can be a solid foundation for continued growth and success.
To that end, we’ve created a step-by-step plan for working on each program in a systematic and holistic way that delivers the best results to jumpstart individual programs. Our six-step Client Success Road Map focuses on a variety of specific areas and uses proven methods to quickly show results.
But it’s Step Two of our process that ensures all our agency’s resources are deployed to help clients scale fast. That process, which involves a proven method for recruiting new, appropriate and productive affiliates into a client’s program, leverages our agency’s deep roots and relationships with existing affiliates. This builds an immediate foundation for growth.
(image of step 2 goes here)
Step Two is actually called “100 in 100”. The goal is to bring 100 affiliates into a program in 100 days. The entire agency works to identify and recruit affiliates that would be the most appropriate and productive for the new program. By harnessing the resources of the agency’s entire team, we have a powerful group of experts with deep affiliate relationships and connections that can be leveraged.
The entire team works together to strategically pinpoint the right affiliates from other programs using a variety of cross-matching criteria including top affiliates from other programs, whether or not the affiliates are appropriate or relevant to the new program, and those affiliates that may be able to provide a boost based on other factors.
That list of potential affiliate prospects are divided among the team, which then systematically reaches out to the affiliates to inform them about the new opportunity and the benefits of working with the new client.
Having upwards of 20 people involved in the recruiting effort fosters a group success mentality while accomplishing far more than an individual program manager could ever accomplish in such a short time period.
This intense mobilization yields amazing recruiting results. And getting existing, vetted affiliates into a new program enables us to build a rock-solid foundation that leads to immediate success and exceeds the client’s expectations and goals very quickly.
As a result of our unique process and on-boarding affiliates quickly, here are some of our clients’ success stories:
In the first three months of managing the program for a sustainable mattress brand with three lines of beds, we grew affiliate revenue by 24% in the first 3 months, an increase of nearly $2M in sales. We also saw an increase in affiliate productivity with clicks increasing 38% and the number of affiliates with sales rose by 37% in that same first quarter.
A major ecommerce retailer of clothing, footwear, toys and home products saw a year-over-year increase of 75% in the first six months we managed the program. There was 80% growth in revenue in the first year and a $10 million increase in incremental revenue in the first 6 months.
A leading provider of baby formula was shooting for $50,000 in affiliate revenue for its first month working with our agency. They hit $144,000 in the first 14 days of the program running and were on pace to exceed their first month affiliate revenue goal by 720%.
A platform that connects freelance graphic artists with clients experienced a 500% year-over-year increase in revenue in the first three months and 750% growth in the first year. Additionally, in the first year, the company’s traffic was up 180% and its conversion rate tripled. Affiliates were also able to drive up year-over-year AOV (average order value) 33% to $400 from $300. Our push to recruit and engage new affiliates also resulted in a 150% boost in the number of revenue producing affiliates by 200 compared to the prior year when they were managed by a competitor.
In the first three months after taking over the affiliate program for a designer denim company there was 132% growth. During that same period, orders soared by 96%, clicks rose 80%, the number of active affiliates increased by 27% and the number of productive affiliates jumped 41%. After a full year of running the program, revenue grew by 96% and there was a 107% increase in sales producing affiliates.
A hair care company that focuses on repair using keratin experienced a 220% revenue increase (year-over-year) in our first 12 months of taking over their affiliate program. Clicks also skyrocketed 156% and AOV got a 12% lift during the first year we managed the program. These increases were realized even as the company added Amazon and Sephora as additional channels at the risk of cannibalization.
For a provider of subscription boxes of unique food and lifestyle products supporting artisans from remote regions, there was a 92% increase in revenue in the first year of managing the program. The number of productive affiliates jumped 25% year-over-year, while AOV grew by 48% in that same period.
A company that designs, sources, markets and distributes footwear, apparel, leather goods and luggage reported a 420% lift in revenue in the first 4 months and the number of sales producing affiliates increased by 400% within that same time frame.
In the first three months of running the affiliate program for a physician, New York Times best-selling author and expert on nutrition and natural healing, we saw 503% growth. During that same period the number of productive affiliates increased by 73%, while the company’s conversion rate soared by 556%.
Creating this foundation using Step Two of our Client Success Road Map, combined with other optimization efforts, has yielded incredible and immediate increases across a range of key performance indicators including revenue, traffic, clicks, conversions, AOV, and more.
- 24% revenue increase in first 3 months for a sustainable mattress maker
- $10 Million increase in incremental revenue in the first 6 months (a 75% year-over-year increase) for a leading online provider of clothing, footwear, toys, and home products
- 888% over first month revenue goal in just 14 days for a maker of baby formula
- 132% revenue growth in first 3 months for a designer denim company
- 420% revenue increase in first 4 months for a company that designs, sources, and sells footwear, apparel, leather goods, luggage
- 869% growth in first year, 1000% average monthly revenue increase for an international non-profit Christian organization
- Revenue increased 220% year-over-year in our first year for a hair care company that focuses on repair using keratin
- 19% over their forecast adding over $3 million in incremental revenue above their expected growth for large chain of women’s clothing
- 500% revenue increase in first 3 months for a platform that connects graphic artists & clients
- 180% increase in traffic in first year for a platform that connects freelance graphic artists and clients
- 85% increase in the 3 months for a global online marketplace for print-on-demand products based on user-submitted artwork
- 156% increase for for a hair care company that focuses on repair using keratin
- Tripled conversion rate in first year for a platform that connects freelance graphic artists and clients
- 556% increase for a physician, New York Times best-selling author and expert on nutrition and natural healing
- 1000% increase in first 60 days for a large online provider of drugstore products
- 406% increase in the first 5 months compared to year-over-year for a leading online footwear provider
Average Order Value (AOV)
- 12% increase for a a hair care company that focuses on repair using keratin
- 33% increase from $300 to $400 for a platform that connects freelance graphic artists with clients
- 48% increase for a provider of subscription boxes of unique food and lifestyle products supporting artisans from remote regions
- 59.7% increase in active, revenue producing affiliates in the first quarter for a global online marketplace for print-on-demand products based on user-submitted artwork
- 400% increase in the number of sales producing affiliates for a company that designs, sources, markets and distributes footwear, apparel, leather goods and luggage
- 200 additional revenue producing affiliates (a 150% increase) for a platform that connects freelance graphic artists and clients
- 38% increase in the the number of affiliates with clicks for a sustainable mattress maker
- 73% increase in productive facilities in the first three months for a physician, New York Times best-selling author and expert on nutrition and natural healing
- 107% increase in sales producing affiliates in first year for a designer denim company