Today we released our new Parental and Medical Leave policy to our staff. I’m really proud of this one. As business owners, we get to have an extensive impact on the lives of our team members, both at work and at home. I don’t take that responsibility lightly, in fact, that is precisely what gets me going every morning. The last words of our Values Statement really say it all: “JEB is driven by a deep sense of shared success—the kind that strengthens your client partners, your colleagues, your family and your community. Join us as we change our lives and others’.” We do way more than affiliate marketing, paid search analytics and our other services, we change lives. And through policies like this one we get to do just that.
So what is the policy? I’ll break the main points down for you here:
- 3 months (12 weeks) of paid leave at 100% of an eligible employee’s current pay and continued health care coverage.
- An additional, optional, 3 months (12 weeks) of paid leave at 25% of an eligible employee’s current pay.
- An additional non-paid 6 months leave is offered to our team members, guaranteeing a position and their salary on the day they left upon their return.
- This goes for mothers and fathers.
- For medical emergencies/sickness we offer one month at 100% of an eligible team members current pay for approved circumstances.
One thing is very important to me personally and that is family. I believe that mother’s shouldn’t be forced back to work within a few weeks because of fear of losing their jobs or the rung on the ladder they achieved before they gave birth. Those first few months are so vital, they should be able to focus on their family, and dad’s too, instead of worrying about work. And since I own the company I get the opportunity to live that out with everyone in my organization. I want to build a place where my daughter can work, and I’d be proud of her doing it. A place that honors families and allows all our team members to better their entire lives through the work they do here. I think this policy holds true to those beliefs and I’m excited to share it with you. And challenge other business owners to look at those policies like these, and see how they can strengthen and better their team members’ lives.
Gotta be the change you want to see right?