Season 02 / Episode 008
Don’t Remove Dormant Affiliates From Your Program
Note: if you get only a 30 second preview, please log into your Spotify account, or find us on one of several other podcast services.
Thinking of removing all the affiliates that aren’t producing clicks or sales in your affiliate program? DON’T! Jamie Birch, CEO and Founder of JEBCommerce, gives us a little rant on why this is a bad idea and may hurt the growth of your affiliate program.
- Removing affiliates that aren’t meeting your definition of active:
- Isn’t necessary
- Saves nothing
- Reduces potential for future sales from partners you don’t even know yet
- Shows a lack of understanding of the channel and how affiliates operate
- Hurts relationship building, the core of affiliate marketing
- Show there’s too much value placed on the wrong KPIs
Listen in as Jamie goes into more detail on these points and others, including a story about one of hundreds of dormant affiliates becoming a “big dog” in the space.
Want to be notified when we release a new episode?