Season 02 / Episode 006
It’s Going to Be All Right, a Conversation with April Spigarelli
With April Spigarelli - Senior Account Executive, Ibotta, Inc.
Note: if you get only a 30 second preview, please log into your Spotify account, or find us on one of several other podcast services.
Today I had the distinct pleasure of speaking with April Spigarelli, Senior Account Executive at Ibotta, Inc. I thoroughly enjoyed this conversation! It only took a few minutes to discover we work very similarly and have quite a lot in common. I think you are going to love this episode.
If you are an advertiser that is looking for unique and new affiliates to work with, this episode is for you. If you are struggling with how to plan for the next 3, 6, or 12 months, you should listen to this episode. If you are trying to figure out the most important aspects of affiliate relationships, you should tune in and get the answer directly from a very successful publisher.
There are many parts of this episode that I’ll be listening to again. One of the most significant was April’s rules for planning. I was able to copy down 7 of them:
- Do not compare yourself and your performance with someone outside of your vertical or product segment. During times like these, there are so many different things going on, it just isn’t wise to do so.
- Rules haven’t really changed that much. It’s going to be ok. A lot has changed, but tried and true marketing tactics, strategies, and promotions still work. Keep testing and trying them. Don’t lose sight of this.
- Are you able to be more risk adverse in your planning?
- You need alternative plans in your back pocket. What will you do if this plan, or parts of your plan, don’t work out? Have that figured out before you execute.
- Have open, transparent, and vulnerable conversations with your partners.
- Ask a ton of questions.
- Establish trust with your partners.
Those last 3 are why affiliate marketing is different and all about relationships.
April also gave us this nugget that I 100% agree with: “Be as concerned about your partners’ success as they are.” Great relationships develop when you are concerned about the other’s success.
If you’d like to contact April email firstname.lastname@example.org or follow her on LinkedIn.
About Our Guest
I’ve spent 9 years working in affiliate, 8 years of which were with Ebates/Rakuten, working on everything from business projections to structured reporting to covering the sales progress with accounts of all sizes. I’m proud to differentiate myself as someone who has worked on some of the most strategic relationships as a bridge-builder and a leader, having held every title from Director of Client Partnerships to Sales Support in my career.
Want to be notified when we release a new episode?