Affiliate marketing has proven to be an incredibly valuable channel to drive new customer acquisition and overall online revenue. Over the 13 years I’ve been in the space, it’s proved that time and time again. From large retailers (Zappos) to small, from lead generation to business to business, affiliate marketing is a vital channel to find new customers and grow your sales. There, ’nuff said.
Ok, maybe you need some more …
Here are a few reasons:
Now let’s look at some of the data that was put together by others and we compiled in this Affiliate Market Size infograph:
- 93% of respondents to an IAB survey are either likely or very likely to recommend affiliate marketing to someone in a similar position.
- Affiliate marketing is the second top acquisition source according a shop.org survey.
- U.S. affiliate marketing spending will reach $4.1 Billion in 2014, up from $1.6Billion in 2007.
- Merchants see, on average, 23% of total online sales from the affiliate channel, according to AffiliateBenchMarks.
- According to Jupiter Research, consumers through affiliate marketing are likely to spend $7 more per order and are 17% more likely to have larger incomes. Referrals from this channel are 43% more likely to convert into a sale.
- 4 out of 5 of Internet Retailers Top 500 retailers use affiliate marketing to drive sales