One of the most important steps in launching an affiliate program is choosing the right network for your affiliate channel. Often times, I come across affiliate programs that are just not on the appropriate network. Whether it’s a reporting and functionality issue, or customer service problems, if you don’t properly vet out all the possible networks, and align your internal goals and initiatives with the tracking platform, then you may be set up for failure.
All in all, each network is great in their own right, and positions themselves uniquely against one another. There are so many networks to choose from, so it’s highly important to take your time when considering all the services the networks offer. Below are some questions to think about when shopping around networks for your affiliate program.
- Does the network philosophically align with your goals, and initiatives?
- Does the network have technological capabilities that will help measure metrics you are accountable for?
- Does the network have the functionality to pull specific reports that you’ll need?
- What type of publishers are on the network? Does it fit what you’re trying to accomplish in the affiliate program?
- What are the costs associated with launching and managing a network?
- Does the network have exceptional customer support to answer any inquires you’ll have?
- How’s the user experience? Is it easy to navigate throughout the network dashboard?
Ultimately, picking the right network has to align with your internal strategy. Don’t rush, take your time, and vet all the possible networks out there. You don’t want to be in a position where picking the wrong network can be a detriment to your affiliate program. Do your research, make some calls, take your time, and enjoy learning all the capabilities that tracking platforms offer to advertisers like yourself.