Like keeping your body and mind healthy, it’s important to keep affiliate programs healthy.
What do you look for when evaluating your health? Do you look at the number on the scale, do you look at what you eat in a day, do you speak with a friend or doctor?
Like keeping your body and mind healthy, it’s important to keep affiliate programs healthy. This can happen a number of different ways, but these 5 simple checks are a quick way to diagnose the health of your affiliate program.
Looking at year-over-year growth. Is your program increasing year-over-year in revenue, orders, clicks, or average order value?
- Looking at year-over-year growth. Is your program increasing year-over-year in revenue, orders, clicks, or average order value? By looking at this you can determine what your program needs – higher commission increases, more exclusive offers, testing flat fees, testing TM+, or better promotions for affiliates.
- Do you have up-to-date promotions (evergreen, free shipping, discount, exclusive codes, gift with purchase, category specific, etc.) with text links and banners? Are your top affiliates promoting those promotions (if they are not then you know you have to call or email them)? By asking these questions you can determine a simple fix, that may just jumpstart your program again.
- When was the last time you looked at tracking? Was it the last time it broke or for an update that happened a year ago? Looking at affiliate program tracking is very important, as it can help diagnosis a problem with your affiliate program.
- Are you hitting your goals? When was the last time you spoke with your team(s) about channel goals? Asking and answering these questions can help determine if the affiliate program is headed in the right direction.
- “One of the most important points we look at is the diversity of affiliate partners driving conversions with the program. We want to make sure merchants aren’t relying only on one or two affiliate types (i.e., promotion method) for program results – we want to encourage growth from as many affiliate types as the merchant program allows for,” stated Tara McCommons (LinkConnector) when asked what she or her clients look for when checking the health of their affiliate programs. Adding to this, what do your recruitment targets look like; are they coupon/loyalty or content focused? Are you offering higher commissions or exclusive codes?
One of the most important points we look at is the diversity of affiliate partners driving conversions with the program.
Finding the answers to these 5 simple things, can help you determine if your affiliate program is headed towards health or illness. If you need help growing your affiliate program, let us know. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a free affiliate program audit to identify the areas you may need help with.